It’s decision-time! All your hard work boils down to one big decision: where are you going to play college baseball? Make no mistake, this is a huge decision that will impact the rest of your life. A decision of this magnitude deserves serious thought and consideration. If you are at Step 8, that means that it is late in senior year, you’ve received an offer deadline, or you are ready to make your decision and like one or more of your options. In Step 8, you will:
- Learn the importance of being 100% ready to make a decision before committing
- Make sure you have all the information you need to make an educated decision
- Learn how to make sense of scholarship offers and weigh the risks versus the reward of walk-on spots
- Learn about the difference between a verbal commitment and signing an NLI
- Learn about what can go wrong after making a commitment
And much more!
Our best advice for Step 8 and weighing options is to take your time and focus on finding the best fit for YOU. Many recruits get caught up in school names, reputations, or the bells and whistles that a program can show off, neglecting the criteria that will make them the most happy or successful when they get to campus as a student-athlete. Look at what you want in a college experience and evaluate how each potential program can help you create an environment where you can thrive.
Ready for more? Click HERE!