Paying for school is one of the biggest challenges all students (and their parents) face. We’ve explained that athletic scholarships don’t pay for everything and of course, not every good ballplayer gets a scholarship offer. No matter how you plan to pay for school, there are forms to fill out so that you’ll be ready for opportunities that might come up. With the FAFSA’s early release this year, it’s important to get these forms need to be filled out now!
Here are some online resources that can make the forms easier to understand and best of all, they are all free!
For an overview of Federal Financial Aid start here.
- For an interactive tool to help you figure out your options, click here.
- For an overview of myths related to financial aid, click here.
- For specific information about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) click here. The site also links out to written guidelines and videos you can use to fill out the forms.
- For some very readable guides (in both English and Spanish) are made available for free during “FAFSA season” (October to June) go to the site offered by the Center for New York City Affairs at the New School.
- For more information about help you might be able to get in your state, click here.
Remember, you don’t want confusion about forms keep you from your dreams. It’s important that you keep asking questions until you get the answers you need.